Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Eli's New Defense


After church on Sunday, Eli was acting out quite a bit and we told him that he needed to start obeying. He said "But mom, in Sunday School they said that God still loves us even when we are bad!" So now everytime I tell him to stop hitting his brother, use nice words, obey, etc. this is his response. I'm thinking that probably wasn't the best doctrine to teach a 3 year old!!! Seriously, he's smart but still a little too young to grasp the dynamics of God's Unconditional Love for sinners but absolute hatred toward sin. After learning about day one of creation, Eli told us that God spoke and then there were stop lights! I guess we just keep trying and eventually he will get it. At least he is doing great with his memory verses. I'm sure he'll be the best AWANA Bible driller when he starts cubbies in a couple months :)

2 comments:

Kenny and Jen said...

This is too funny! That kid cracks me up!

OkieChiro said...

Eli cracks Kenny up right now but just wait until it's Van...