For over a year now, Eli has done great without his pacifiers, which he affectionately refers to as his "babies" except for at naptime, bedtime, and some long car rides. We've been trying to completely get rid of them for a while now. Well, actually he only has one...."yellow baby" He was really attached to this nasty, ready-to-fall-apart-at-any-moment, old paci. Last week he had it in his mouth while he was sitting on the potty just after nap time and it fell in! You should have seen the look on his face. Genius! Why didn't I think of this sooner...... I fished it out of the potty, explained that it fell into pee-pee and quickly trashed it. And that was it. No more Yellow Baby. He has asked for it a few times, but when I reminded him of what happened, he accepts the hard truth and moves on! Besides, it's not like we took his blanky away :)
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ahh...his first big loss! No babies that have fallen in the pee; that's a good rule to live by. :)
Post a Comment