Ok, so here's the story...we were having a great day. Eli even woke up from his afternoon nap in a good mood, ready to play. We were sitting on the couch. He stood up and I asked him to sit down. Instead he decided to jump/lunge backwards off the couch and his head landed on the edge of a remote control that was on the floor. I picked him up to calm him down and then noticed that my hand was covered in blood. It was pulsing from the back of his head. I managed to stay composed (which is hard to do when you're prego) and I called 911. Then I called Matt and immediateley started crying (partly because I thought I'd get in trouble for calling 911 and partly because that's what you do when you're pregnant) All this time, Eli is screaming. Then the fire truck and the squad truck and the ambulance showed up all with their lights on....Eli was cured! They took him in the back of the ambulance, bandaged him up, and gave him a bear. That was the "fun" part.
Then we headed off to Urgent care to get a better look at his cut. When they removed his bandage (almost 2 hours later) his head was still bleeding. The doctor determined that he would need staples! Eli had to be strapped down to a board face down on a table. I helped hold him, but I could not watch while they put 6 staples into his little head (plus by this time I was once again crying!) Eli just kept doing his sign for "all-done". When it was over, he got stickers and he was fine.
Then we decided to take the guys at the fire station some ice cream. Of course Eli convinced them to put him in the fire engine.
I think most kids would learn from this that it is not a good idea to jump off of furniture. However, I think Eli learned that when he jumps off furniture the fire trucks come!
Monday, April 09, 2007
Just Another Day at the Fire Station!
Posted by Matt, Kelly, Eli, and Ethan at 6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WOW is that sweet or what!!! An LA CITY FIREMAN'S SON, sitting in an LA COUNTY ENGINE!!!!! AHHH POOR GUY. Hey at least he achieved manhood now, his first set of staples!!!! I have a feeling that won't be the last ones. LOL. He is a tough guy, he'll be fine. Later.
The LA County firemen purposely closed the door on the rig so that you could see that it said LA COUNTY in the photo! To Eli, a fire engine is a fire engine :)
That sounds like a CRAZY day...I'm just glad that you're both okay! Of course Eli looks like nothing happened just smiling in the truck! :) What a cutie. Hopefully next time he's in a fire truck it will be the one his dad works on! :)
Love you guys~D&T
Poor Eli! And poor Mommy & Daddy!
I am glad that Eli at least had a fun ride in the fire engine :)
How is he feeling today?
He didn't actually get to ride in the fire truck...I drove him to urgent care to avoid the ambulance bill. Today he is his normal fearless self already trying some more stunts!
Was he wearing his my name is trouble shirt when this all happened :) Glad he is ok.
Post a Comment