Friday, October 27, 2006

That's Not Broccoli! Warning: Viewer Discretion Advised

Just another glimpse into our day.....Matt and Kelly are hanging out in the family room while Eli is playing nicely in his bedroom. He wandered out into the living room and appears to be eating something. "Is that broccoli?" Kelly asks. His hand are covered in green mush and he is feeding himself. "Where did he find broccoli?" Kelly wonders. "Did I forget to clean up after dinner last night?" A closer look reveals that indeed it is not broccoli and it is coming from his diaper! And as if it is not bad enough that our child is eating his own poop, we discover that it is also all over his bedroom floor! Of course Matt runs for the camera! The next hour was spent scrubbing and steaming the carpet. We now affectionately refer to Eli as "poop-eater"!

7 comments:

Jim and Jolene said...

Oh, I can't stop laughing! Well, at least this is something that you guys can use to embarrass him by when he gets to dating age!!! Especially since Matt documented it with photos :)

Kenny and Jen said...

Ewwwwww! I am here with Tonita and we are laughing so hard!

Give the "poop-eater" a hug from us:)

Matt, Kelly, Eli, and Ethan said...

This could defintely be used as a future blackmale photo, but for now I'll keep it out of his scrapbook!

P.S. All the stain-remover, scrubbing, and even the carpet steamer could not fully remove these stains!

Dina Ticas said...

OH my!! Kelly you poor thing, trying to clean that up must have been killer on your arms and back. Hey I've heard that cleaners that contain enzymes are much more effective that cleaners that do not.

What was Eli's reaction to all this? Hmmm, you might want to avoid kisses for a couple of days.

Matt, Kelly, Eli, and Ethan said...

Yes, I will have to find a different cleaner. Usually Folex gets everything out, but not this time. I think I'll try some cleaner made for Pet stains... they usually contain enzymes!!

Matt, Kelly, Eli, and Ethan said...

P.S. Dina, Eli thought all of this was hilarious. He was laughing as I was trying to clean him up. Then he got really excited when he saw the carpet steamer (for some reason he loves vacuums)We had to lock him out of his room while Matt was steaming the carpets...he was not so happy about that!

Anonymous said...

That is way too funny! I had to call David into the room so that he could read it too. We were both laughing really hard.