I couldn't figure it out....why does Ethan cry out in pain all the time? Why is he up ALL night screaming? Why does he constantly have hiccups? Why does he get so hungry and then have a hard time eating? Why does he get so fussy after eating? Why all the spit-up, even hours after a feeding? Why is it so hard for him sleep? Why all the congestion? Why does he turn red and get so stiff? Why won't anything work????? I tried Mylicon drops thinking it was gas...they didn't help a bit. I even tried some stuff for "colic" called gripe water. The first night it worked fabulously, but after that, not at all.
Out of desperation and lack of sleep (literally 1-3 hours a night)I went to the library to do some research. It appears that Ethan is the poster child for infant reflux! www.colicsolved.com (The book affectionately refers to these babies as "bundles of misery") Ahhhh, at least an answer. And apparently reflux is easily treatable. Ethan has a check-up with his doctor next week so we should get some more answers and hopefully something to give hime some relief.
In the mean time, just pray for Ethan, it's so hard to hear his painful little screams. And also pray for me (Kelly) that I maintain sanity! Matt has already figured out a way to cope with all of this....overtime!!!
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
"Bundle of Misery"
Posted by Matt, Kelly, Eli, and Ethan at 10:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor guy! We will be praying for you both!
Ever heard of the Amby Baby crib? It is supposed to work wonders for babies with reflux, but who knows?!?
Hope he feels better soon!
Thanks. I don't know if that Amby Baby would work for him. He cries even if he is in his swing. I do have him at a little incline in his crib, just to try help though. I'm sure the doctor will have something to help him.
Kelly,
You don't know me ... we met once or twice about 6 years ago in Lancaster. My name is Magen and I knew Matt and all the other Aceveses when we were kids. I just had a baby a few months ago and he was pretty fussy and spit up a lot...even hours after feeding. We thought he had reflux and our midwife told us to take him to an infant chiropractor. Apparently this works really well for babies with reflux. We never had to take ours (he kind of grew out of it), but you might want to try it. Hope you find relief soon!
Post a Comment