
The last couple months have been a little crazy around here. Kelly decided to participate in a local "craft boutique" (I guess that's what they call craft fairs in Valencia) It was a charity boutique and 20% of the profits went towards "Stephanie's Hope" ...A cure for Friedreich's Araxia. (Stephanie is a friend of a friend.) Kelly and Candice (Stephanie's friend) have been crafting like crazy! Candice does Amazing greeting cards, scrapbooks, etc.
Normally, Kelly takes advantage of Eli's nap times to get all of her house work done. The last few weeks, have been a different story. She had basically been sitting in front of the sewing machine trying to get all of her "Burpies & Blankies" done. We were hopeful that this would be the big opportunity to sell some of her quilts. Unfortunately,nobody sold much of anythin
g. Kelly sold only 2 quilts. Too bad Kelly can't go shopping with admiration and compliments because there were tons of admirers!
Oh well, you never know until you try. A lot of people took business cards, so maybe there will be some requests for special orders in the future.If not, I'm sure it will not take long to get
rid of baby stuff. Our church is probably the most fertile church in LA, with a new baby born just about every other week it seems!
Anyways, Matt is thrilled now that Kelly is done with her crafting and he can once again be center of attention, along with Eli of course!
Sunday, October 22, 2006
It Was Worth a Try
Posted by Matt, Kelly, Eli, and Ethan at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You have such cute stuff and do such a good job with everything- I can't believe hardly anything sold. Those people don't know what they are missing!
Yep, it's their loss! (well, actually it's my loss, but you know what I mean!)
Hey Kelly, how much are your quilts? I have someone who wants to buy one--let me know what color schemes you have and I'll tell her!And don't worry about not selling stuff, there are so many factors out of your control as to how much sells or doesn't!You're quilts are amazing!!Talk to you soon.~T
Hey Kelly, how much are your quilts? I have someone who wants to buy one--let me know what color schemes you have and I'll tell her!And don't worry about not selling stuff, there are so many factors out of your control as to how much sells or doesn't!You're quilts are amazing!!Talk to you soon.~T
Post a Comment